I offer Finnish and English lessons live online for small groups and individual students.
I am an ICC-certified live online language trainer from the LANCELOT School (LANguage learning with CErtified Live Online Teachers).
All that a student needs for distance learning is a computer, an internet connection and a headset. Webcams are nice but not essential.
Who benefits from live online lessons and virtual language learning environments?
- For many people, the hours during the day may be much too full for language courses, but there would be private online study time in the morning or evening hours.
- Sometimes it may be expensive or difficult to arrange physical classroom space.
- For someone intending to move to another country, live online studies might provide the opportunity to learn some of the language comfortably at home before actually moving into the country.
- For people working for foreign companies, live online learning provides the opportunity to get a feel for the culture and language without travel.
- For students wishing to maintain their language proficiency, web-based distance learning provides a simple means of doing so.
I provide translations from Finnish into English and from English into Finnish, and also from Swedish into Finnish. I also proofread texts in these languages.
I translate as a subcontractor for larger translation bureaus and am pleased to accept direct translation assignments as well. The documents I see most often deal with the fields of technology, business, insurance and banking, society, fine arts, education, medicine and nursing science. They are instructions, regulatory guides, articles, descriptions, reports, web pages, guidelines, agreements, official statements, strategy documents, certificates, correspondence and even children's games.
The tool I usually employ in this work is SDL Trados.
It is best to telephone, email or skype me about translation assignments in advance and agree upon practical issues such as details of the work needed, contact persons, delivery mode, schedule, invoicing, and perhaps model translations or styles clients would like me to follow.
FM Tiina Lanas
Translator English-Finnish-English, Swedish-Finnish
ICC-scertified live online trainer